What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)? Is it important?
So what is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
This term is touted around as the talisman to construct highly profitable websites although seldom does a layman truly understand this term. If you have never before heard of SEO, the term is Search Engine Optimization and it is not a platform to build a site nor any kind of program. SEO is an amalgamation of ideas, knowledge and techniques that work together to help improve traffic to your website and/or grow the popularity and brand recognition of your products and services online. In short, one can say that SEO is the art, science and practice of marketing any kind of website through search engines.
Did you know that SEO is not the only way to direct traffic to your website?
There are many methods, some paid, some free but SEO is the most efficient and effective method of driving traffic to your website. Consider the difference between print ads and television ads:
- Virtually all other forms of marketing have the visibility and engagement of a print ad
- SEO has the visibility and engagement of television ads and SEO leaves a lasting impression on the search engines that rank websites and drive traffic.
Another benefit of SEO is that it helps grow and sustain traffic to your website and increases your organizations credibility in the eyes of you prospects. SEO increases the trust of your websites and helps build credibility. You get more RSS feeds subscribers, more Twitter followers, Facebook "likes" and other indicators of growing trust and confidence.
Why is SEO an important aspect of your website strategy?
- SEO can have almost immediate results – Unlike any other method of driving visitors to your website, SEO is the quickest way to rank a website and realize profits. Nothing else has a conversion rate similar to that of effective SEO efforts.
- SEO is less expensive and has ongoing benefits – With SEO your effort goes into on-page and off-page optimization. There are no extra fees, there is no postage, there is no total drop off as there is with many other marketing plans; when was the last time someone came to you off of a marketing campaign you ran a year ago?
- SEO is a great way to engage affiliates – If you are an affiliate of any large organization and live off commissions from your sales and referrals to them, then SEO will let you target the customers most likely to buy the products and services you are representing.
- SEO has longevity – SEO efforts are more permanent in nature than traditional marketing and because of this whatever rank your website gets will continue to provide traffic and results as long as white hat (legitimate) SEO techniques are followed.
- SEO helps you find more social media followers and fans – Through SEO, you can build credibility, trust and respect. These are some of the things essential to keep a good level of social media fans and followers. More social media followers and fans leads to a higher trust factor of your website and this helps your website rank higher.
- Search engines expect you to use good SEO and will "punish" you if you do not – Search engines love websites that have taken the time and effort to understand their SEO guidelines and protocols. They will reward your website that provides original content and uses white hat SEO techniques.
Why use SEO?
SEO, which includes original and relevant content, elevates your website to a level that gets you noticed and that helps promote you, your business and your website to those people you want to do business with.
Mention this blog post and receive a FREE 30 minute consultation including a FREE review of your online marketing and recommendations for improvement. Call 616-929-0790 or drop us an email at email@example.com