Did you know that Facebook has rules that limit your ability to market your business?
Most people don’t realize how limiting Facebook really is. We are not saying that you should not use Facebook as one of your online marketing channels, although you should be aware that Facebook is not the marketing nirvana that many think.
Here are a few of the more relevant marketing restrictions as they relate to your Facebook timeline graphic. As per Facebook, you MAY NOT:
- Encourage people to upload your cover to their timelines,
- Include price or purchase information, such as “50% off” or “Download it on YourURL.com,”
- Include contact information. This includes natural aspects of your brand such as your website address, email, mailing address, or information that Facebook wants you to put in your Page’s “About” section,
- Include references to Facebook features or actions, such as “Like” or “Share” or an arrow pointing from the cover photo to any of these features,
- Include calls to action, such as “Buy today” or “Tell your friends.”
What’s the solution to Facebook’s marketing limitations?
We recommend that you protect your valuable marketing content by originally placing it on your website/blog and then sharing that information (such as blog posts) to Facebook and other social media channels. Doing this ensures that you maintain control over your marketing content and that you can market to your prospects in the manner you choose; driving this website traffic to your website ensures you control the process.
Would you like some help with your online marketing? Contact Valorous Circle, one of the leading West Michigan website design and online marketing firms located in Grand Rapids, MI.
Mention this blog post and receive a FREE 30 minute consultation including a FREE review of your online marketing and recommendations for improvement.
616-929-0790 or email@example.com